Thursday, April 11, 2013

7 News Values

North Korea Warns Foreigners in South Korea of Nuclear War

     I think that the story of North Koreas nuclear war with South Korea best follows the value of conflict, because the story talks about a nuclear war that could cause the death of thousands.
LINK:http://www.nytimes.com/pages/world/index.html


Person Killed By Train In South Austin
     I think that the story of the train killing a person is an Proximity story. I think this is an proximity  story because it has happen close yesterday night, just east of Manchaca road.


Brazilian Team Finds New Porcupine Species
     I think that the story of the new porcupine species is a human interest story. I think this because this is a new species and it has never been seen before, it is covered in dark brown spines with reddish tips, and it catches our eyes of interest.

UT Officials Continue Investigate Bomb Threat
 I think that this story best follows the value of timeliness. I think this because this story was just given out at 10:33 a.m. which makes it new.


Obama Hosts 12 Republican Senators For Dinner
I think that this story is best known as a prominence story. I believe this is a prominence story because it would be more important for the president to host a dinner party than a school teacher hosting a party for children.


One Dead, One Injured in East Austin Shooting
I think the story of the Austin shooting follows the value of impact. This must be impact because this had effected not only the injured and the dead but they also effect their families, friends, cops, and the ones that shoot them.


Studies Of Babies Did Not Disclose Risks, U.S. Finds
I believe this story is a novelty story. I believe this story is a novelty story because these babies are at a risk of blindness and or death.

No comments:

Post a Comment